JS-Kit Comments

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Netflix Playbook - Fortune Brainstorm Tech

The Netflix Playbook - Fortune Brainstorm Tech: "The Netflix Playbook
Posted by Michael V. Copeland, Senior Writer
August 26, 2009 7:27 AM

Finally, a Powerpoint presentation worth reading
CEO Hastings' 'deck' has become a how-to guide for entrepreneurs. Image: Netflix

Hastings' 'deck' is a how-to guide for startups. Image: Netflix

It isn’t often that I get convinced to read through a slide deck 128 images long. But after the fourth startup CEO, in this case Jonathan Sposato, CEO of online photo-editing service Picnik brought it to my attention; I sat down to give “Reference Guide on our Freedom & Responsibility Culture” a gander.

The slide deck, which can be found here, contains the distilled thinking of Netflix (NFLX) CEO Reed Hastings about how to run a company.

The presentation offers interesting insights about how he runs Netflix, which by any measure is hitting it out of the park. So I am going to do something that is even more unusual for me, and recommend highly that you read this 128-image-slide deck too.

(Full disclosure here: I am a Netflix member, have been forever it seems, and count the delivery of my DVDs as one of the few pleasurable interactions I have with the U.S. Postal Service. And Netflix Instant? Don’t get me started on how my consumption of Japanese animation and survival shows has skyrocketed)."

No comments:

Post a Comment